Sunday, May 29, 2011

DESPEDIDA FOR TITA PET AT BASIX RESTO, DUSIT HOTEL




Today, Kaye and I left for Dusit Hotel to meet up with some relatives having a despedida celebration for Tita Pet at Basix restaurant. Tita Pet arrived about a week ago and during one kitakits at Papa’s condo she asked for me and so before she left they made sure I would be around during her despedida. Only my daughter and I went there, although the titas instructed that the hubby and I were actually invited, as he is a bit uncomfortable when eating in big hotels and restos.

So here are just some of the food we ate at Basix. By the way one good thing about their buffet is their ‘cross-over’ thingy meaning even if we chose to dine at Basix restaurant itself, we can cross-over and eat/order food at their three other restaurants Benjarong (specializing in Thai cuisine), Umu (Japanese cuisine) and Cosca (Italian food). Basix itself served continental buffet and from there I chose basically meat dishes like hams and steaks and a bit of tempura for my first plate. There was also a salad bar but I guess I forgot to take some or maybe I just decided to throw away my ‘diet’ conscience for a day.







Then, for my next plate Kaye and I went to Umu with Mama Heidi and Auntie Bebs to get our Japanese favorites – salmon sashimi, tuna sashimi and of course…California maki! Yummy!















I also tried their authentic Pad Thai which the others ordered at Benjarong restaurant. I didn’t go up there na since I felt full already. Instead, Kaye and I feasted on dessert of fruits dipped in chocolate because they had a chocolate fountain!












The final meal we had was the Flourless Chocolate cake topped with Vanilla Ice cream from Tosca - it was so good that I forgot to take pictures…sorry! Meanwhile, here are some of the other food fares at Basix that we didn’t get to taste because we were already quite full, maybe next time! And I’d be sure to bring the kids too! I just wish that they were here to be able to see one of my favorite aunts in the world, there are only quite a few. Tita Pet and I became close when her husband (my Uncle Melo) died and she went home to the Philippines to bring his ashes. I joined the party that scattered his ashes at Laguna de Bay and during the trip we talked a lot. Our communication extended even long after she returned to her home town in Australia, primarily thru emails so I guess it is quite understandable why she would look for me whenever she visits the country. Goodbye Tita Pet, I wish we had more time to talk and catch up on things. Here's hoping we could spend more time together next time!









No comments: